Antarctica: The Next Frontier of Travelling
Antarctica is largely unpopulated and remains one of the last few spots in the world where one can see nature unspoiled by human hands. This includes a wide variety of wildlife – including great whales, penguins, albatross and many more, all set against a stunning frozen backdrop. A holiday to Antarctica is an unrivaled experience, sure to entice even the most seasoned of travellers.
This continent is the most dry and cold on Earth, and has the maximal average elevation. The only human inhabitants of this “land of extremes” are groups of researchers and scientists, estimated at no more than a few thousands. This is the genuine “escape from civilisation” which no other holiday can provide.
Hampton Travel and Cruise offers many captivating possibilities for exploring the mysterious Antarctic Range, including cruises leaving from Australian shore. Watch the frozen landscape and glimpse rare animals in their natural environments, all from the comfort and luxury which can be provided by the modern cruise industry.
Popular spots to visit in Antarctica include the Antarctic Peninsula – a huge landscape at the north of the continent’s mainland – where you can sail between sea channels and spectacular islands, the likes of which you have never seen and never will see anywhere else in the world; as well as South Georgia, an enchanting island and home to millions of breeds of rare birds, seals, colonies of penguins and reindeer.
Contact one of our travel experts today to start planning your expedition to the South Pole!
Hampton Travel & Cruise – the Antarctica Specialists
How, you may ask, can we make a claim like this?
Well, not just by sitting in the office, reading about it and getting briefed by our tour operators (although that’s also a very important way of gathering our information).
No, we can rightfully claim to be the Antarctica Specialists because we actually travel there ourselves.
- It has been recent travel and we will also keep travelling to these destinations. It makes all the difference between someone telling you that they have heard it’s good and someone telling you that they have actually just been there and what they experienced.
- This means that we have first-hand experience and advice to give you.
- We can advise you on the best itineraries, tour operators, time of the year, accommodation, flights and ships, in keeping with your budget.
- And it’s cross-generational advice you’ll get – from Gary and Danielle, for a younger perspective, and from Janine and Alex for the more senior view of this amazing destination.
- We can advise you on pre and post tour options to maximise your journey –
- Patagonia and Patagonia Ecocamp
- Galapagos Islands
- Iguazzu Falls
- Atacama Desert EcoCamp
- We can tell you about the exactly what to expect with each of the Antarctica optional extras – overnight camping on the ice; kayaking; “polar plunge”.
- We can tell you how cold it gets and exactly what to pack to ensure this doesn’t interfere with your enjoyment.
- We can share with you many testimonials from our clients to further build up your picture of what to expect, to assist in making your travel decisions and how to best prepare.
A number of our staff have recently been to these destinations a number of times:
- South America – Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Uruguay,
- Arctic Circle